Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY
This Notice describes the privacy practices of each of the Bluetree Dental practices and the “organized health care arrangement,” which is comprised of each individual dental practice owned by or affiliated with Carefree Practice Resources, LLC (referred to herein as “Bluetree Dental”). Each of the dental practices that comprises the organized health care arrangement are presenting this document as their joint notice of privacy practices. Dental practices that participate in the organized healthcare arrangement may share medical information with each other for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations as described in this Notice.
Bluetree Dental is committed to protecting the privacy of your identifiable health information, known as “protected health information” or “PHI.” We are required by law to provide you with you with this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices regarding PHI and to abide by the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
How We May Use and Disclose Your PHI
We use your PHI for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations purposes and for other purposes permitted or required by law. Not every use or disclosure is listed in this Notice,
* Treatment – for dental treatment or services. Bluetree Dental uses or discloses your PHI to healthcare professionals, as authorized, who require access to your PHI for treatment. For example, your PHI may be disclosed to staff members, other dentists, physicians, and providers not affiliated with Bluetree Dental that are involved in your treatment.
* Payment – to bill and collect payment for your healthcare services. We may disclose or use your PHI to payers and health plans to determine eligibility for services or obtain payment for our services.
* Health care operations – for activities to support health care operations, which may include management, operations, quality assurance, utilization review, or other necessary functions.
* Appointment Reminders. Bluetree Dental may use and disclose medical information and the contact information you have provided to contact you with appointment reminders. If we do not reach you, we may leave a message with an individual who answers the phone or leave a voicemail message.
* Alternatives and Health-Related Services. Bluetree Dental may use and disclose medical information to inform you about recommended treatment alternatives and options or to inform you of health-related benefits and services potentially of interest to you.
* Individuals Involved in Your Care. Bluetree Dental may release health information about you to a friend or family member who is involved in your medical care. Bluetree Dental may also provide information to someone who helps pay for your care. In addition, we may disclose medical information about you to an entity Dental. For example, a business associate may conduct billing, collections, or storage services on our behalf.
* Other Uses and Disclosures. As permitted by law, we may disclose your PHI to organ and tissue donor organizations, correctional institutions, coroners, medical examiners and funeral directors, workers compensation agents, or military command authorities.
Other Uses and Disclosures
For purposes not described above, including uses and disclosures of PHI for marketing purposes and disclosures that would constitute a sale of PHI, Bluetree Dental will ask for patient authorization before using or disclosing PHI. If you signed an authorization form, you may revoke it in writing at any time, except to the extent that action has been taken in reliance on the authorization. If you revoke your authorization, we will no longer use or disclose information about you for the purposes covered by your written authorization. However, we cannot take back any uses or disclosures already made with your permission.
You have the right to inspect and receive a copy of your PHI. You and your personal representative have the right to access PHI consisting of your medical information. Within 30 days after our receipt of your request, you will receive a copy of requested information unless an exception applies. If you are denied access to medical information, you may request that the denial be reviewed. Another licensed healthcare professional chosen by Bluetree Dental will review your request and the denial. The person conducting the review will not be the person who denied your request. Bluetree Dental will comply with the outcome of the review.
You have the right to request a correction or update your PHI. If you believe that your PHI contains a mistake, you may request, in writing, that Bluetree Dental correct the information. If your request is denied, we will provide an explanation of the reasoning for our denial. Bluetree Dental may deny the request when the information (1) was not created by Bluetree Dental unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment; (2) the information is not part of the medical information kept by or for Bluetree Dental; (3) the information is not part of the information which you would be permitted to inspect and copy; or (4) the information is accurate and complete
Lacie N. Bourland, MBA, M.Ed. CPXP
3605 Grant Drive, Reno, NV 89509
For Further Information: Requests for further information about topics covered in this Notice may be directed towards the person who gave you the notice or to our Privacy Officer.
Effective Date: August 2023